Chapter 1 – Presentation of PSIQUE Journal:
- PSIQUE is a scientific and academic journal with a online under the responsibility of the Department of Psychology (DP) of the Universidade Autónoma de Lisboa (UAL), being the official organ of the Psychology Research Centre (CIP).
- PSIQUE's periodicity is biannual and may publish special issues if the exception is justified.
- PSIQUE’s main publication language is Portuguese. However, articles can also be published in English, Spanish and French.
- PSIQUE constitutes the means of dissemination, par excellence, of research and knowledge in the scientific areas of psychology and similar, resulting from the activity developed by the PD in its various aspects, originating from teachers, students or together.
- 5. PSIQUE is also the instrument for disseminating research and knowledge in psychology and related areas, by researchers external to UAL.
- PSIQUE will disseminate the published knowledge abroad in the media it deems important for UAL, DP and CIP, promoting the approximation between the professional and academic environment.
Chapter 2 - Editorial Plan
- PSIQUE Journal aims to disseminate:
- Scientific articles;
– PSIQUE may contain other participations of a scientific nature.
- PSIQUE publishes five types of articles:
– Empirical articles that present reports of original scientific investigations;
– Literature review articles that develop critical analyzes of previously published material;
– Theoretical articles in which the author develops advances on innovative or previously published theories;
– Methodological articles that present new methodological approaches, modification of existing methods or discussions on quantitative or qualitative approaches in scientific research;
– Case studies that report on case material obtained in the course of working with individuals, groups, a community or an organization.
All of them are subject to the process of arbitration review (blind peer review)
Chapter 3 — Organs and Functional Structure
PSIQUE is directed by a Director, appointed by the CEU Board of Directors.
The duties of the Director of PSIQUE are:
– Represent PSIQUE;
– Appoint the Editor(s) after consulting the CIP Scientific Council;
– Enforce the approved editorial policy and plan.
- Scientific Committee
The Scientific Committee of PSIQUE is made up of the integrated researchers that make up the Scientific Council of CIP-UAL;
The Scientific Committee is responsible for analyzing and approving the PSIQUE editorial plan proposed by the editor, namely:
– Publication quality standards and criteria for evaluating materials submitted for publication;
- Issues relating to format, content, editorial orientation and periodicity;
– Special editions and their theme;
– The Board Members proposed for the Editorial Board;
– The co-editors for the different areas of the Editor's support function;
- To comment on any other matter that the Director deems fit to submit to his/her appreciation.
- Editorial Coordination – Editor(s)
– The appointed Editor(s) have a term of office of 2 years which may be renewed at the proposal of the Director of PSIQUE. Their function ceases with the dismissal of the Director
The duties of the PSIQUE Editor(s) are:
– Comply with the approved editorial policy and plan;
– Propose the appointment of co-editors;
– Propose the person responsible for the Administrative support of the Direction and Editorial coordination;
– Coordinate timing and information during the publication process;
– Receive the articles submitted for publication, do the first reading (in accordance with the approved editorial policy), forwarding them to the designated reviewers and co-editors, respectively, for supervision and follow-up;
– Make the selection of reviewers according to the scientific area in which the article is located, having access to their opinions and to all versions of the texts. For this purpose, each reviewer has an identification sheet with the areas of knowledge;
– Authorize the publication of the texts submitted after the revisions;
– Coordinate the work of compiling the numbers of PSIQUE;
– Coordinate contacts with members of the editorial board;
– Provide the dissemination of PSIQUE;
– Manage PSIQUE's assets;
– Convene and chair the regular and/or extraordinary meetings of the editorial group.
- Editorial Board
– PSIQUE has an Editorial Board made up of researchers who are internal or external to UAL, who hold doctorates or who have recognized academic or professional competence in this scientific area, whose merit must be recognized by the Editorial Board.
– The Editorial Board is responsible for reviewing articles submitted to the journal and meeting the deadlines set for the same.
– The selection of the members of the Editorial Board is carried out by invitation, this being the responsibility of the Director of the journal with the collaboration of the Editor(s)
– The term of office of the members of the Editorial Board will be renewable for two years.
– The editorial board of Psique, responsible for the evaluation of published articles, is made up of at least 75% by members of academic institutions external to the host institution of Psique.
- Administrative support from the Directorate and Editorial coordination
The duties of the person in charge of the Administrative Support of the Direction and of the Editorial Coordination are:
– Support and assist in the tasks of the Direction and Editorial coordination;
– Keep the bibliographic register of authors and reviewers up to date;
– Keep the journal file.
Chapter 4 — Submission of Articles
The preparation and submission of articles to the Psique journal is subject to international scientific standards, according to the following conditions:
- Articles submitted for publication must be original and unpublished. Its authors guarantee:
– who carried out the work they present and who are fully responsible for what is written in the articles;
– that respected the current international ethical and methodological standards in the scientific area of Psychology, proposed by the American Psychological Association (APA);
– that they did not submit the work simultaneously to another journal for publication.
- Psique owns the copyright for the entire publication, but each author has the copyright of your own text; in case you republish it later elsewhere, please refer to the publication in Psique.
- The submission of articles must fully follow the Instructions to Authors.
- The process of submission and evaluation of submitted manuscripts will follow the following steps:
– Articles are received by the PSIQUE Editor(s) and sent to two reviewers. Articles will be sent without the authors' names to the reviewers. The entire process of reviewing the articles is done under the anonymity of the authors to ensure a “blind peer review”. In the evaluation process, reviewers will also be kept anonymous to authors;
– Reviewers will evaluate the articles and express their opinion on the quality of the article and the relevance of its publication in PSIQUE, being able to indicate suggestions for improvement as specific as possible for the reformulation of the article. In the event that the reviewers' opinions differ, the Editor(s) may decide on publication, after their own review of the article, or may request another review from a third reviewer;
– Authors will be informed of the editorial decision which may consist of:
- a) Rejected (when it is considered that the manuscript does not meet the criteria required for publication in the journal);
- b) Invited to resubmit after substantial reformulations (the topic interests the journal, however, the article needs a profound reformulation). In these cases, the authors are invited to reformulate the article according to the reviewers' suggestions and to resubmit it to the After reformulation of the articles, they will be sent again to the reviewers for a second evaluation;
- c) Conditionally accepted (with minor reformulations), in this case, after the changes introduced, the reformulated article can be accepted by the editor;
- d) Accepted (the manuscript has been accepted for publication in its current form).
- The Psique journal has a maximum publication limit of one article by the same author in each volume. In the event that an author submits more than one article to the journal Psique during a year, and in the event that these articles are approved, the editor will select at most one article to integrate that year's volumes. This limitation does not apply to thematic issues, where the same author may have several articles, provided that articles by other authors coexist in that issue.
Chapter 7 — Financial Resources
The CIP is the body responsible for managing the financial resources of the PSIQUE magazine
Chapter 8 — Final Provisions
- Cases not covered by this regulation will be resolved by the Board of the PSIQUE journal at a meeting of the Scientific Council of the CIP, if necessary.
- 2. The present regulation may be revised, whenever it is advisable, by the journal's Management, being submitted to the approval of the Scientific Council of CIP-UAL.