- The preparation and submission of articles for Psique is subject to international scientific standards, according to the following conditions:
Articles submitted for publication must be original and unpublished. The authors sign a declaration (Annex 1) where they guarantee:
A) Who carried out the work they present and who are fully responsible for what is written in the articles;
B) That they respected the current international ethical and methodological standards in the scientific area of Psychology, proposed by the American Psychological Association (APA) and by European Science Foundation (European Code of Conduct for Integrity of Research);
C) And who did not submit the work simultaneously to another journal for publication;
D) The journal will use all means to guarantee the above criteria, namely, being able to request proof of documents and through the use of plagiarism software (Urkund). Authors will be informed in case there are indicators of plagiarism, being able to comment on these indicators before the article is rejected.
- Psique is published every six months, with publication dates from January 1st to June 30th and from July 1st to December 31st.
- Psique publishes five types of articles:
A) Empirical articles that present reports of original scientific investigations.
B) Literature review articles that develop critical analyzes of previously published material.
C) Theoretical articles in which the author develops advances on innovative or previously published theories.
D) Methodological articles that present new methodological approaches, modification of existing methods or discussions on quantitative or qualitative approaches in scientific research.
E) Case studies that report on case material obtained in the course of working with individuals, groups, a community or an organization.
4. Psique owns the copyright on the publication, however, each author has the copyright of his own text; in case you republish it later elsewhere, please refer to the publication in Psique. The journal does not embargo the articles. The author(s) may publish the article in self-archive systems or institutional repositories.
- Psique has a maximum publication limit of one article by the same author in each volume.
- The texts can be presented in Portuguese, Spanish, French and English.
- The first page of the article must contain the full name of the author(s), without acronyms, their affiliation, place and country, as well as the contact e-mail(s) of all authors of the article. . The designated author for the contacts must also be indicated (name and email).
- The structure of articles must comply with the rules of the latest edition of the APA Publications Manual. The recommended font is: Times New Roman 12.
- The recommended line spacing is 1.5.
- The title and abstract must be written in the original language of the article and in English, as well as the keywords of the article. The abstract has a limit size of up to 250 words and must follow the following structure: Background / Objectives / Method / Results / Conclusions. The keywords are followed by a maximum of five.
- The base language for sending the original files is “.doc”.
- The size of articles is limited to 30 pages, excluding the list of bibliographic references, tables and figures.
- The images (schematics, maps, tables and graphs) must be referred and identified in compliance with the latest edition of the APA Publications Manual.
- Citations and bibliographic references are made in accordance with the rules of the latest edition of the APA Publications Manual, for example:
A) Scientific Journal Articles: Herbst-Damm, KL, & Kulik, JA (2005). Volunteer support, marital status, and the survival times of terminally ill patients. Health Psychology, 24, 225–229. https://doi.org/10.1037/0278-622.214.171.124
B) Books Author: Mitchell, TR, & Larson, JR, Jr. (1987). people in organizations: An introduction to organizational behavior (3rd ed.). McGraw-Hill.
C) Book Chapters: Bjork, RA (1989). Retrieval inhibition as an adaptive mechanism in human memory. In HL Roediger III & FIM Craik (Eds.), Varieties of memory & consciousness (pp. 309–330). Erlbaum.
- Whenever justified, without prejudice to their inclusion in the document in “.doc”, the original files of tables and figures can be sent separately, in JPEG, TIFF or XLS format.
- Footnotes are made in accordance with the guidelines of the latest edition of the APA Publications Manual.
Submission of articles
- Articles sent for submission must be sent in electronic format (in word) to the Editorial Coordination: João Hipólito (firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com).
Review and Evaluation of Articles
- The proposed articles are submitted to a process of scientific arbitration, of blind peer review (blind peer review) made by at least two specialists (PhD in Psychology) who are part of the Editorial Board of the journal, most of whom are external to the Universidade Autónoma de Lisboa.
- The process of submission and evaluation of submitted manuscripts will follow the following steps:
- Articles are received by the journal Editor and sent to two reviewers. Articles will be sent without the authors' names to the reviewers. The entire process of reviewing the articles is done under the anonymity of the authors to ensure a “blind peer review”. In the evaluation process, reviewers will also be kept anonymous to authors;
- Reviewers will evaluate the articles and express their opinion on the quality of the article, on the relevance of its publication in the journal and may indicate suggestions for improvement as specific as possible for the reformulation of the article. In the event that the opinions of the reviewers are in disagreement, the Editor may decide on the publication, after his own analysis of the article, or he may request another opinion from a third reviewer;
- Authors will be informed of the editorial decision, within an average period of three months, which may consist of:
- a) Accepted (the manuscript has been accepted for publication in its current form);
- b) Conditionally accepted, through minor reformulations, in this case, after the changes introduced, the reformulated article can be accepted by the editor;
- c) Invited to resubmit after substantial reformulations (the topic interests the journal, however, the article needs a profound reformulation). In these cases, authors are invited to reformulate the article according to the reviewers' suggestions and to resubmit it to the journal. After the articles have been reformulated, they will be sent back to the reviewers for a second evaluation;
- d) Rejected (when it was considered that the manuscript did not meet the criteria for publication in the journal).
- The editorial board of Psique, responsible for the evaluation of published articles, is made up of at least 75% by members of academic institutions external to the host institution of Psique.
- Psique subscribes to codes of ethics and good editorial practices, namely:
THE Code of Conduct and Best-Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors, of Committee on Publication Ethics – Committee on Publication Ethics (2011). Code of Conduct and Best-Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors. Retrieved from http://publicationethics.org/files/Code_of_conduct_for_journal_editors_Mar11.pdf
THE White Paper on Promoting Integrity in Scientific Journal Publications, gives Council of Science Editors – Scott-Lichter, D. & Editorial Policy Committee, Council of Science Editors (2012). CSE's White Paper on Promoting Integrity in Scientific Journal Publications. Retrieved from https://www.councilscienceeditors.org/wp-content/uploads/entire_whitepaper.pdf
For more details on ethical obligations of authors, reviewers and editorial coordination, consult the Editorial Ethics tab.
- At no stage of the editorial process are costs established for authors. Psique is a non-profit scientific publication.
- In case of publication, the authors allow the use of their work through the use of the creative commons license, CC-BY [https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/], which allows the copying, distribution and transmission of the content, as well as its adaptation for commercial use.
To download the copyright statement, click on the following link.